COVID-19 POLICIES & ANNOUNCEMENTS REGARDING STM EVENTS
The safety, well-being, and peace of mind of our Special Touch friends and family is our top priority. As a result, we have rolled out new health and safety measures and attendance policies, all aimed at minimizing COVID-19 exposure and preventing its spread.
As Special Touch Ministry events span the United States, local restrictions and requirements vary. Each location continues to monitor and make adjustments should the CDC or local authorities recommend different or amended precautionary measures. If any of these cause our events to be cancelled, we will notify you as soon as possible.
We continue our enhanced health and safety measures at all of our events including using cleaning products and processes recommended to reduce the spread of viruses. There is an inherent risk, however, of exposure to COVID-19, or any virus, in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By participating in any Special Touch Ministry events, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and Special Touch Ministry disclaims any and all liability related thereto.
In accordance with the recommendations set forth by the CDC and local health officials, we respectfully request that the following participants NOT attend ministry events:
- Anyone who is experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 (including fever, cough, and shortness of breath), illness, or a contagious disease. NOTE: At events where temperatures are being taken, you will be asked to leave if your temperature is over 100.4° F;
- Anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, unless you have had no fever for 72 hours (without the use of medicine) and 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared;
- Anyone who has knowingly been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days; and/or
- Anyone who has traveled internationally in the past 14 days prior to participation at an event.
We also ask that everyone in attendance follow the CDC’s guidance for the general public, listed below:
- Isolate if you are sick. PLEASE DO NOT attend any activity/meeting/event if you or anyone you live with feels unwell.
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from people who don’t live with you, are outside your family, or close social contacts (aka social bubble/pod).
- When possible, wear a face covering or mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect yourself and others.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
PARTICIPATION IN STM 2021 DAYCAMP EVENTS IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING:
- All needs and cares including passing of medications MUST be provided by parent/guardian/staff accompanying the attendee as Special Touch Ministry cannot provide hands-on care.
- Physical Distancing will be requested by all attendees.
- Masks will be requested, but not required, with respect to physical/emotional limitations.
- Temperatures will be taken, at least once, at the beginning of the event. You will be asked to leave if your temperature is over 100.4° F
- Cleaning and sanitization using cleaning products and processes recommended to reduce the spread of viruses will take place at indoor venues. Restroom facilities at indoor venues will have basic hand-washing supplies.
- Outdoor venues including those open to the general public are exempted. IF you feel you will need additional hand sanitizer, wipes, gloves, or other cleaning supplies, please bring your own.
SUMMER GET AWAY DAY CAMP CANCELLATION POLICIES
Event registrations are typically considered “all sales final” transactions. But, cancellations will be handled individually in accordance with the reason for the cancellation. Contact our event Coordinator, by phone, as soon as possible with any cancellation.
Please realize that Special Touch Ministry may still have costs assessed to us, even though you have cancelled. If your cancellation is COVID-19 related, this is automatically considered an extenuating circumstance and a refund will be issued.
WE ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH STATE REGULATED CONTACT TRACING POLICIES
It is vital that any participant believes that they may have become ill within 14 days of visiting on our our events report this immediately to their local health department and seek medical attention.We will share personal information for the purposes of contact tracing if the need arises.
COVID-19 EVENT CANCELLATION ANNOUNCEMENTS
UPDATE 1-11-21: We recently held a zoom meeting among our Special Touch Summer Get Away Coordinators across the country. We are disappointed that we had to conclude, due to the continuing conditions surrounding COVID-19, there just isn’t a way to hold overnight programming for our friends with disabilities in a safe manner (the Summer Get Away program as it exists) for 2021.
We miss our guests and staff very much, but, as you can understand, our concern for the safety of everyone is our priority. We realize that many of our friends and their families are feeling isolated, lonely, and disconnected but we have faith that God is still in control. He hasn’t forgotten us and we will meet again.
Our Summer Get Away Coordinators agree that it is vital for us to develop new, different, yet safe ways to connect, serve, and provide faith-based support to the needs that arise in the disability community. We are actively exploring some fun and exciting alternatives for the Summer of 2021, so stay tuned to the Special Touch Facebook page and email newsletters. We’ll be rolling out updates as they become available.
We dearly appreciate your prayers and continuing support. We pray safety and blessings on you and your loved ones.
~Rev. Debra J. Chivers, Director