(electronic online, fax, email, or mail)
ELECTRONIC ONLINE SUBMISSION VERSIONS
CIT APPLICATION COMING SOON!!
• Print versions are in Adobe Reader .pdf format. Get Adobe Acrobat Reader
• Print versions can be mailed to Central Processing at PO BOX 25 Waupaca, WI 54981
• BE CERTAIN that the visual quality of the application is excellent IF submitting by fax (715-258-2777) or email scanned .pdf format (email@example.com)
Guidelines and Manuals
What is a Get Away?
It’s five days, in residence, camp-style retreat for people with intellectual or physical disabilities to find fellowship with others in a Christian atmosphere.
What are the facilities like?
While the facilities at each Get Away vary, special care has been given to select facilities that will best fit the special needs of our guests. Each Get Away has various activities such as: swimming, fishing, crafts, boat rides, sports, games, hayrides, bonfires, petting zoos, and local interests.
What are some of the features of a Get Away?
What you can expect at each Get Away is functionally appropriate programming for people with physical or intellectual disabilities, professional medical staff, and compassionate volunteer caregivers provided for ages 10 and up – families are welcome (Inquire about family discounts).
What is the staff like?
Each of our Get Aways has trained caregivers, a full-time nursing staff, with a low guest to staff ratio.
What is the cost for all this?
The guests’ tuition for each Get Away vary based upon the cost of renting each facility and state requirements. Our fees are much lower than the national average for similar programs. We work very hard to make sure that each guest pays the lowest price possible. Family discounts are available.
Caregiver In Training
The ministry of a Caregiver In Training (C.I.T.) is patterned after Aaron and Hur, as in Exodus 17:10-13. They were there to help Moses accomplish his assigned task. Special Touch is a U.S. missions ministry. Our mission field consists of people with physical and/or intellectual disabilities. If you become a Special Touch Caregiver In Training, you will be joining an army of Christian volunteers who minister to our guests at Summer Get Aways.
Mission Statement for Caregivers In Training
The Caregiver In Training (CIT) program mentors young people in evangelism and service to people with disabilities and provides opportunities to explore God’s call on their life through hands-on experiences.
Requirements for Participation
- A desire to serve the Lord by serving others
- A spirit of flexibility
- Absolute acceptance of all rules and policies
- An application form, completed and approved by the final deadline date
- 3 reference forms, completed by the final deadline date
- The required missions fee of $375 for each Get Away you are applying for
- Ages: 14 – 17
Special Touch Summer Get Away Promotional Materials available by request from firstname.lastname@example.org