Driver's Safety Requirements
SAFETY IS OUR PRIMARY CONCERN in all motor vehicle operations. This includes the safety of all the occupants of the vehicle, the driver, as well as all pedestrians in the vicinity.
ALL drivers are required to comply with these Safety Requirements:
• Individuals should not drive if they are taking any medication (prescribed or OTC) that may impair the safe operation of the motorized vehicle.
• NO cellphone usage or texting while driving.
• All drivers shall observe all vehicle traffic and posted law while driving including:
- Stopping at stop signs.
- Pedestrians have the right of way.
- ONLY driving where allowed.
- NOT driving where not allowed. For example, Golf Carts are not to be driven on public roadways.
- Not parking where entrances, stairways, ramps, roads, sidewalks, or other thoroughfares are blocked.
Driver's and passengers MUST remain seated at all times while the vehicle is moving. It is the driver's responsibility to be certain NOT to put the golf cart in motion until everyone is seated.
• Failure to comply with all established policies, procedures, and instruction may result in loss of driving privileges. Any intentional failure to operate the motor vehicle in a safe manner can also result in a loss of driving privileges. Driving privileges can be revoked by National Office staff, Lead Tech Team Staff, or Summer Get Away Coordinator.